In line with Roland’s recent trend to bring out new introductory products in their various product lines, it is great to see the new RC-1 take the stage. It’s Roland’s simplest and most user-friendly Loop Station. You can record, playback, overdub, and undo or redo loops using this compact BOSS stompbox. And of course, the RC-1 retains the BOSS quality and performance that musicians around the world have come to expect and rely on. On the top panel, there is a new and innovative loop indicator, which consists of a 24-segment LED laid out in a circular pattern. You can quickly and easily determine the current status of the Rec/Overdub/Play modes. With a maximum 12 minutes of stereo recording time, the RC-1 is capable of capturing any extended performance that you can create or imagine! The stereo in/out jacks can be used with stereo effects and amplifiers. Additionally, they allow you to connect stereo instruments, such as synthesizers. Other convenient features include battery and AC power, as well as flexible external footswitching capabilities.
So, to summarise:
- Straightforward and easy to operate;
- Newly designed loop indicator displays the current loop mode (Rec/Overdub/Play);
- Runs on a single 9-volt alkaline battery (approximately 4.5 hours of battery life);
- Can be used with an optional AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately);
- 12 minutes of stereo recording time;
- Stereo inputs and outputs;
- Flexible external footswitch options;
- Recorded phrase is retained in memory even after the RC-1 is turned off.
The RC-1 is available from UCan Play. Please contact us directly to reserve your unit when they arrive in the UK.